NAM Sponsored Well-Being Event
The National Academy of Medicine has teamed with the Accreditation Council for Graduate
Medical Education, American Hospital Association, American Medical Association, and the
Association of American Medical Colleges to host a collaborative Well-Being Event this
Thursday, May 7th at 1:30 pm ET. This free 90-minute webinar will provide a timely
discussion and platform for physicians, nurses, students, and health system leaders to delve
into the critical needs, priorities, and emerging strategies to support the mental and
emotional well-being of clinicians on the frontlines—both during and beyond the COVID-19
pandemic. The key objectives of this webinar include:
- Describing the existing clinician burnout crisis prior to the COVID-19 pandemic and the
- goals of the Action Collaborative on Clinician Well-Being and Resilience.
- Identifying the critical needs and priorities to support the well-being of clinicians,
- including those in their formative years of training, during the COVID-19 era.
- Spotlighting programs, resources, and leadership efforts currently underway to address
- and monitor the acute and long-term mental health and well-being of clinicians on the
- frontlines of COVID-19.
- Voicing the need for a coordinated, national strategy to care for the acute and long-term
- health and well-being of frontline clinicians delivering health care during this public health